European Commission Announces Call For Green Deal Projects
The European Commission has announced plans for a new upcoming call in the Horizon 2020 programme on the main priorities of the Green Deal Seeking to mobilise research and innovation in the area of a just and sustainable societal transition, the Commission is looking for projects which deliver results relatively quickly and which show how research and innovation can provide solutions for Green Deal priorities.
Specifically, the call will support:
- Pilot, demonstrative and innovative projects and products;
- Innovation to advance the governance of the green and digital transitions; and
- Social and value chain innovation.
The call is structured around 8 thematic areas and 3 horizontal areas. The main call areas are:
- Call area 1: Increasing climate ambition: cross-sectoral challenges;
- Call area 2: Clean, affordable and secure energy;
- Call area 3: Industry for a clean and circular economy;
- Call area 4: Energy and resource-efficient buildings;
- Call area 5: Sustainable and smart mobility;
- Call area 6: Farm to Fork;
- Call area 7: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Call area 8: Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment;
- Call area 9: Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal;
- Call area 10: Empowering citizens for transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe; and
- Call area 11: Accelerating the clean energy transition and access in partnership with Africa.
The call is part of the Horizon 2020 programme and therefore will be open for UK participation.
Further information regarding the feedback process can be found via the European Commission website.